Head of People
Are you looking to make a difference in the world? Tender is revolutionizing the food industry by solving a major global challenge: how to make meat production ethical and sustainable. Going beyond the existing plant-based burgers, we are developing alternative meat whole-cuts – think steaks and chicken breasts – using innovations in manufacturing, materials science, and tissue engineering. This will transform how the world consumes meat and protein. Spun out of Harvard University in 2020, we are actively building our core leadership team.
We recently raised our Seed round and will be scaling our team significantly in the coming year and are looking for a Head of People to help us grow sustainably. In this critical role, you will work closely with our CEO and be responsible for growing all our teams and building an environment and culture that is supportive and inclusive. We want our company to be an amazing place to work, where people are challenged to do their best work, and where everyone can contribute and make a difference.
- You love working with people and people love working with you. Your colleagues trust you and you are always there to support them.
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience with conflict resolution.
- You have 6+ years in business operations (BizOps), project/program management, or human resources related activities.
- You have a track record of implementing new tools and processes, managing people and projects, and solving problems that others won’t.
- You are excited about taking on more responsibilities than the job requires.
- You want to grow with the company and over time manage a team of passionate individuals like yourself.
- You have a passion to change the world for the better. You are not just looking to cash a paycheck – what you do for work matters deeply to you!
- You’ll help grow and sustain our amazing culture! We want people to love working here and make sure that their work experience continues to improve.
- You’ll lead the growth of our team and roughly double our headcount within the next 12 months
- You’ll develop new human resources capabilities to ensure our team is fully supported and performing at its best.
- You’ll leverage our networks, external contractors, and available online tools to ensure we are recruiting the best talent out there.
- You’ll identify gaps in our organization and will be excited to address them.
- You’ll contribute operationally to our company by working closely with all senior managers.
- You are excited about joining an early-stage food technology startup, where you will have lots of responsibilities, work autonomously and have a big impact on the future of our organization!
Why work with us?
At Tender, we are deeply committed to diversity, equality, and inclusion. Our goal is to create an environment and company culture where people from all walks of life can come together in an inclusive manner and be an amazing force for good!
- You’ll get to join us on our mission to radically transform the meat industry – one of the most polluting industries on our planet.
- You’ll get to work with a diverse group of people that cares deeply about what we are trying to solve.
- You’ll have ownership over what you do and how you do it.
- You’ll join a really fun, interesting and dynamic place to work!
- You’ll join a young startup that is experiencing very rapid growth!
Benefits to you:
- Employee Incentive Stock Option Plan
- Paid Parental, Family & Medical Leave
- Unlimited PTO
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Prescription Lab Goggles
- Generous Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits Package